Mom Fashion + Beauty Tips | Fashion for Women Over 40
Fashion + Beauty for Moms Over 40
If you’re here, you’re probably a mom over 40 looking for simple style solutions.
You’re looking for simple style tips and trendy but “appropriate” mom fashion ideas to help you look great, feel comfortable, and be more confident.
You probably enjoy a good homemaking hack or entertaining tip once in a while, too. Am I right?
What You Won’t Find Here
However, you’re NOT looking for complicated DIY, time-consuming home improvement projects, or complex recipes that will keep you in the kitchen all day. Nope. Because, you and I both know we could pin those pretty pictures all day long on Pinterest, but never look at them again!
Like I said, simple solutions.
If this sounds like you, keep reading…
The “Flawless After 40” Mindset
Social media, with its filters and fake perfection can have a negative impact on us. Both young girls and mature women often feel pressure to look flawless.
As we approach 40 and beyond, some of the changes in our appearance can be discouraging to many of us. They can prevent us from feeling confident.
But it’s possible to feel confident and beautiful, despite any unwelcome changes in our appearance as we age, making our perceived “flaws” irrelevant. This is Flawless After 40!
I love sharing my favorite fashion and beauty items that are fun to wear and help us feel pretty and “Flawless After 40!”
Need over 40 fashion and style tips to boost your confidence?
- Do you feel that you look tired and run-down from stress or lack of sleep?
- Have you become unhappy with your appearance? Is your idea of “mom fashion” a sweatshirt and Yoga pants? Do you stress out over what to wear when you have someplace to go?
- Is your closet full of clothes, but you feel like you have “nothing to wear” because you’re unhappy with the way you look?
- Are you thinking that if you could finally lose those 10 pounds, you might feel like your “old self” again?
- Do you struggle with getting motivated to eat healthy and exercise, or are you just unsure where to start?
If any of these sound familiar, you’ve come to the right place because I can help!
See, I’ve lived every one of these struggles at one time or another. And, I’ve found solutions through research, trial and error, and with the help of others. Simple solutions.
I’ll Help You Stay Stylish Over 40 and Beyond…
- Figuring out where to splurge and where to save:
- When adding to your wardrobe, I’ll show you which higher-end and luxury items are worth the investment, and where you can save money with inexpensive pieces.
- Updating your seasonal wardrobe on a budget:
- I’ll help you look fashionable and stay current each season by showing you ways to update your seasonal wardrobe through incorporating the latest trends. Furthermore, I’ll show you how to do this inexpensively with affordable fashion and bargain finds.
- Knowing how to dress to appear “thinner”:
- If you’re like me and “always on a diet”, or “trying to lose those last 10 pounds”, I’ll show you how to dress for the body you have right now so you can look and feel amazing. When you know how to dress for your body type, it’s easy to camouflage figure challenges so that you can look 10 pounds thinner today!
(In addition, I can help with: body shape analysis, jewelry + accessories selection, dress codes, makeovers, special occasions, swimwear + travel wardrobe selection.)
I would really love to share my fashion ideas and style tips with you. I know these simple solutions will boost your style confidence and help you feel amazing!
Join our VIP Community to be the First to Know
Join our VIP list for the simple style tips you need!
I love sharing my favorite over 40 fashion and beauty products to help you look great and feel good about yourself. You’ll get ideas, inspiration and tips for fashion, beauty, and general wellness, plus stylish hacks for homemaking/home decor and entertaining. Finally, you’ll be the first to know about new products, discounts, and freebies!
Hi there! I’m Mimi…
A little bit about me…
I’m a creative entrepreneur, blogger, homemaker, wife, and soon-to-be-mom via special-needs international adoption (Bulgaria). I’m also a proud dog mom to four furry babies.
I love to laugh at myself. Honestly, I crack myself up. See, I truly believe that it’s important to not take life too seriously. And, you have to be able to laugh at yourself when you screw up – it beats crying!
In addition, I am always “on a diet”. This is because bad things happen when I allow myself to take a break from staying active and watching what I eat.
I love Martinis, ice cream, Mexican food and red wine, not in any particular order. These are the reasons I am always on a diet. 😉
Also, I am also obsessed with the Real Housewives, specifically RHOC, RHOBH, and RHONY. My guilty pleasure is watching “my shows” with a glass of wine after hubby goes to bed.
Flawless After 40 is my creative outlet where I love helping busy moms over 40 look stylish and feel confident by sharing my favorite over 40 fashion and beauty items.
To learn a little more about whether this blog is for you, keep reading…
Simple Style Solutions for Moms – Over 40 Fashion Ideas + Style Tips
Style Tips for Self + Home
This is what you’ll find here:
- Fashion styling tips for busy moms plus beauty tips to help you look and feel your best
- Advice on which fashion and beauty items are worth the investment, and where you can use cost-effective alternatives to help you save money
- Tips, ideas, and the inspiration you need to increase your confidence in your appearance by making time for yourself to get motivated to lose weight/eat healthy/exercise at home
I also love sharing stylish ideas for home & entertaining:
- Home décor inspiration – items you can purchase, as well as easy DIY projects that won’t take forever to complete
- Entertaining ideas and tips to inspire you to entertain more often at home – have simple, casual dinners at home with your friends that don’t involve a lot of planning, or time spent in the kitchen
- Simple, straightforward homemaking tips to help you maintain a clean, attractive home that you can be proud of
This is what you WON’T find here:
- Extensive DIY home improvements or crafts that you might PIN but you’ll never have the patience or time to complete… We’re looking for quick fixes over here. No time for involved, lengthy projects. The reality is, sometimes you just have to make a purchase or call a contractor!
- Complicated recipes that will make you spend all day in the kitchen when having company… These will make you swear never to entertain again!
- Over-the-top tablescapes…no time for that…we’re all about simple, easy entertaining!
And just so you know…
Some of the products I talk about here will have affiliate links included. When my readers purchase these products, I may earn a commission.
But, I will only tell you about products and services I have personally used and would recommend, or those products I would personally purchase and use.
Let’s Be Friends
Follow me on Social!
More About Me
After graduating from the University of New Orleans and progressing in my career as a CPA, I knew that Accounting was not my passion. I had always dreamed of working for myself.
So, for the next several years I owned and operated a salon & boutique, specializing in swim and resort wear as well as sunless/indoor tanning.
I am certified as a Fashion Consultant by the Fashion Image Institute. After Hurricane Katrina destroyed my store, I began freelancing in cosmetics sales, personal shopping, and wardrobe styling. My expertise is in assisting the client in style selection, primarily for special occasions, employment search/promotions and lifestyle changes.
More recently I have devoted my time to being a creative entrepreneur through content creation and e-commerce.
In mid-2018, I founded my online boutique, Angelina Belle. For every order we donate $1.00 to Reece’s Rainbow to support special needs adoption. This cause is very important to us. At this time my husband and I were in the middle of our our own special needs international adoption journey (Bulgaria).
My favorite “job” is caring for my family and managing the household. In addition, I love hosting casual, intimate dinner parties at home for our friends. Furthermore, I am passionate about helping others. I love sharing tips and inspiration for style and beauty, cooking, home décor, and entertaining ideas.
My husband, H. and I were dating when Hurricane Katrina happened in 2005. H. and I evacuated together for the storm, and have been together ever since. We got married in Honolulu, HI in April 2018. In July, 2019 we traveled to Bulgaria to bring home our daughter, Nadia. Our family lives in New Orleans, Louisiana with our fur babies Jake, Princess & Chance (two Yorkies and a Maltese) and two turtles.